Thought of the Day

2:17 PM

 I'm sure some of you go to church, whether it's on a regular basis, or just on holidays. This thought popped into my head yesterday as I dragged myself out of bed to get dressed for church bright and early.


I was beyond tired, and that's my own fault for staying up so late but oh well. Anyways, as I looked through my closet I thought to myself, "I wish I could just go to church in my sweatpants and be comfortable." 

A common phrase among many churches is, "Come as you are." I'm not sure if I'm interpreting it wrong but shouldn't that mean I can come to church in nice comfty clothes and not be judged. I'm sure God doesn't care if I'm in sweats, as long as I'm there to hear his word and worship.

In my mind I think we dress up for other people. We don't want to be judged by those around us even though we go to church to focus on God. But that's just human nature, to worry what others think. And I'm not saying I'm not guilty of it too. Just thinking how different things could be if we didn't feel the need to dress or look a certain way.  

A house of worship is a sacred place, so I guess it should be expected of you to dress up and look your best. No sweatpants for me. When they say come as you are, they mean come at your best appearance wise, but bring yourself even in the midst of emotional trouble.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate