Song of the Week

1:00 PM




Hey there guys and gals!

The song I've picked for this week is Should Have Been There by Sevyn  ft. B.o.B

I've featured Sevyn in a blog post before, so it should be no surprise that I've been loving another one of her songs. Should Have Been There is the newest single off of Sevyn's upcoming EP Should Have Been There Part One, which features a past favorite, Don't Kill The Fun featuring Chris Brown. In the song Sevyn talks about a salty ex-boyfriend who should have acted better if he wanted to stay in her life. Whoever this guy is, his pride must be hurt, especially sing the song features Sevyn's current beau rapper Bobby Ray, "B.o.B".

The lyrics are catchy and relatable for anyone who's been in a relationship where your significant other doesn't seem to care until you've decided to walk away and do you. The beat is fun and the lyric video is creative with the use of text messages and social media posts. I especially like the cute pictures taken from Sevyn and B.o.B's social media accounts and the acapella moment where Sevyn shows off just a bit. I'm excited to hear the rest of the EP.

 Check out the lyric video and let me know what you think in the comments or even mention me on Twitter (@kiramira_)



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate